BRANCH UPDATE 19TH JULY 2021
NAS Sutton Branch is delighted to welcome a new branch chair, Alex Talcer.
Alex has spent the last few weeks hard at work getting up to speed with everything at NAS Sutton Branch, and is looking forward to meeting our fantastic members as soon as it is safe to do so.
Although it has been very difficult to put a timescale on normal resumption of activities and events at NAS Sutton Branch, we will be updating this page as soon as we are able to. Watch this space!
In the meantime, please do keep your eye on the NAS Sutton Branch Facebook page and members’ groups. And of course take care, stay safe and keep washing your hands really well!
Thank you for your support.
We are the Sutton branch of the National Autistic Society (NAS) run entirely by unpaid volunteers, many of whom are parents / carers of autistic children.
NAS branches in England provide a local hub where parents, carers and autistic people can get help, access services, support each other and meet other people and families in similar situations.
NAS Sutton does this through organising:
- Evening workshops for parents and carers with guest speakers discussing a variety of topics
- Special needs behaviour support group every month with Mark Brown from Special Help 4 Special Needs for parents and carers
- Monthly support group and social group for adults with autism
- Regular activities for the whole family to enjoy such as theatre trips, climbing sessions and slime workshops
- Our ever popular monthly Lego club for children
- Introduction to Autism course twice a year for parents and carers who have just received a diagnosis for their child
Membership of your local NAS branch is FREE! You don’t have to have a formal diagnosis to become a member. If you would like to join our mailing list and be kept up to date on all branch and local activities please complete our online registration form.
We receive no funding and all money we receive is spent on our members, so any donation, big or small, is welcomed! If you would like to support us either through volunteering your time or making a donation, you can find details on our Support Us page.
For more information about autism please visit the National Autistic Society main website.
We hope you find it easy browsing our website, but if there is some information you can’t find please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to seeing you at one of our events shortly!
NAS Sutton Branch Chair (Volunteer)