IMPORTANT: BRANCH UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Due to the current restrictions that are in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the branch is running a vastly reduced schedule. We are not able to run any activities or events for children and our main offering at the moment is online. Please check our activities page for details.
We very much hope to resume to our normal packed schedule of activities and talks at some point in the future, although as I’m sure you appreciate we are not able to put a timescale on this at the moment.
Please do continue to use the member forum on Facebook and stay in touch on social media!
Take care, stay safe and keep washing your hands really well!
Thank you for your support
We are the Sutton branch of the National Autistic Society (NAS) run entirely by unpaid volunteers, many of whom have are parents / carers of autistic children.
NAS branches in England provide a local hub where parents, carers and autistic people can get help, access services, support each other and meet other people and families in similar situations.
NAS Sutton does this through organising:
- Evening workshops for parents and carers with guest speakers discussing a variety of topics
- Special needs behaviour support group every month with Mark Brown from Special Help 4 Special Needs for parents and carers
- Monthly support group and social group for adults with autism
- Regular activities for the whole family to enjoy such as theatre trips, climbing sessions and slime workshops
- Our ever popular monthly Lego club for children
- Introduction to Autism course twice a year for parents and carers who have just received a diagnosis for their child
Membership of your local NAS branch is FREE! You don’t have to have a formal diagnosis to become a member. If you would like to join our mailing list and be kept up to date on all branch and local activities please complete our online registration form.
We receive no funding and all money we receive is spent on our members, so any donation, big or small, is welcomed! If you would like to support us either through volunteering your time or making a donation, you can find details on our Support Us page.
For more information about autism please visit the National Autistic Society main website.
We hope you find it easy browsing our website, but if there is some information you can’t find please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to seeing you at one of our events shortly!
NAS Sutton Branch Chair (Volunteer)